Programme Newsletter Join Today Contact Us
Who we are?
The Friends of the Hunt Museum was formed in 1993 to help promote an interest in and an enjoyment of the Hunt Museum collection. Friends are committed to assisting the Museum in providing a high level of public service through its education programmes, exhibitions and other activities. However, the most valuable asset of the Friends is their energy and enthusiasm in promoting the importance of the Museum and what it means to the cultural life of the Limerick city and region.
The Friends Association is run by a volunteer council which is elected from among its members. The following officers were elected for 2015-2018.
Kathleen O'Sullivan Chairman
Robert Williams ( Vice Chairman)
Crona Byrne ( Honorary Secretary)
Jim Noonan Honorary Treasurer
The following members were elected for the year 2015-2016.
Patricia Haselbeck Flynn
Eileen Egan ( co-opted)
George Stacpoole (co-opted)
Dr Hugh Maguire, Director of Hunt Museum is an ex-officio voting member of the council as outlined in the Association's constitution
A scanned copy of The Friends of the Hunt Museum accounts for 2013 from PriceWaterhouse Coopers are available here
A scanned copy of The Friends of the Hunt Museum accounts for 2015 can be found here
A scanned copy of The Friends of the Hunt Museum 'Resolution regarding statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising' is available here
What we Do?
- As a Friend you are invited to exhibition openings at the Museum;
- We organise a monthly lunchtime lecture series on varied topics of historical and cultural interest;
- We run outings on a regular basis, visiting other museums, exhibitions, historic houses and gardens;
- We enjoy regular cultural trips abroad;
- We organise social events - trips to plays, films and concerts;
- We run various events - lunches, dinners, art sales, raffles.
Benefits of membership of the Friends of the Hunt Museum include:
- Free admission to the Museum all year round;
- Special programme of events;
- Specialist art tours;
- Invitations to exhibition previews;
- 10% discount in The Hunt Museum gift shop.
For more information;
Friends of The HuntMuseum,
The Custom House,
Phone: 061 312960
Fax: 061 312960