Friends How to Join Programme Newsletter
Who we are?
The Friends of the Hunt Museum was formed in 1993 to help promote an interest in and an enjoyment of the Hunt Museum collection. Friends are committed to assisting the Museum in providing a high level of public service through its education programmes, exhibitions and other activities. However, the most valuable asset of the Friends is their energy and enthusiasm in promoting the importance of the Museum and what it means to the cultural life of the Limerick city and region.
The Friends Association is run by a volunteer council which is elected from among its members. The following members were elected for the year 2014-2015:
George Stacpoole, Chairman
Kathleen O'Sullivan, Vice Chairman
Eleanor Reilly, Honorary Treasurer
Eileen Egan, Honorary Secretary.
Hugh Maguire, Director of Hunt Museum
Patricia Haselbeck Flynn
Eileen Hanrahan (co-opted)
A scanned copy of The Friends of the Hunt Museum accounts for 2013 from PriceWaterhouse Coopers are available here
What we Do?
- As a Friend you are invited to exhibition openings at the Museum;
- We organise a monthly lunchtime lecture series on varied topics of historical and cultural interest;
- We run outings on a regular basis, visiting other museums, exhibitions, historic houses and gardens;
- We enjoy regular cultural trips abroad;
- We organise social events - trips to plays, films and concerts;
- We run various events - lunches, dinners, art sales, raffles.
Benefits of membership of the Friends of the Hunt Museum include:
- Free admission to the Museum all year round;
- Special programme of events;
- Specialist art tours;
- Invitations to exhibition previews;
- 10% discount in The Hunt Museum gift shop.
Friends of The HuntMuseum,
The Custom House,
Phone: 061 312960
Fax: 061 312960