John and Gertrude Hunt presented their magnificent collection to the people of Ireland, intending it as a resource for the encouragement of a greater appreciation of art objects. This gift is one of the most generous in the nation’s history. The Irish Government and Limerick City and County Councils have been generous in their support of the Museum, but state support alone is not sufficient to realise the dream of John and Gertrude Hunt; to create a dynamic centre of excellence in the arts and education, a cultural beacon of international renown.
By becoming a Patron of The Hunt Museum you can play an effective part in transforming that vision into reality. Your contribution will assist in development of the cultural and educational programmes, exhibitions, research facilities, outreach activities and publications all of which are essential to that vision.
Benefits and Opportunities of becoming a patron:
- Free admission to the Museum for up to four guests (accompanied by patron).
- Optional listing, as patron, on the dedicated page of the Museum’s website and on any exhibition catalogues produced and published by the Museum.
- 15% discount for purchases in the Museum gift-shop (card-holder only and not SALE items).
- Invitation to Exhibiting Artist Previews where applicable.
- Preferred rates on corporate hire and use of the Captains’ Room.
- Priority booking on Museum Study Tours and discount on participating on the Museum’s academic programme.
- Director tour of the Museum for up to six guests (subject to availability and limited frequency)
- An opportunity to select an object of the month for display – subject to the Museum’s schedule.