Adare: The Augustinian Friary and St Nicholas Church by Barbara Bingham (Author)
Established by the Anglo-Norman lord of the manor in 1315, the friary was home to the reforming order of Augustinian hermit friars. This souvenir guide, richly illustrated with specially commissioned photography, sets the context for the thousands of visitors who come here every year. It outlines the friary’s foundation, the monastic life led here and the role it played in the local community. It describes the architecture of the friary buildings and recounts their more recent history and the renewed sense of purpose they now embody.
Available now. (Usually despatched in 1-2 working days)