Times: 10am – 4pm
Animals in the City
This Spring our Hunt Museum Camp will engage children with animal imagery in the Museum’s galleries. Campers will discover how animals have been depicted in art from ancient to modern times. They will also encounter mythological animals and even some that have hidden themselves for a very long time. Children will engage in hands-on creative and learning activities that will explore questions like:
- What kinds of animals are shown in objects in the collection?
- What has changed for animal then and now?
- Why and How do artists depict animals?
- Do the animals look like animals you have seen in real life?
- Where do animals go in the city?
And since they’ll be attending Camp in the heart of Limerick City, they’ll also explore different urban and rural habitats, as well as what you can do to care for animals both tame and wild.