Unleash some inner creativity on Culture Night and create a GIF from a Hunt Museum Object. Send us your efforts and we will display them on our website and maybe on the building when the nights draw in. The best (judged by likes, reposts etc) will be entered on behalf of the Hunt Museum into the worldwide GIF-IT-UP competition.
We are looking for fun, or serious GIFs that make you see the object or image in a different way. Details on how to create and submit a GIF (its easy!) are below. Have fun 🙂
How to make a gif …
Never made a gif? No worries! Just check one of our online tutorials:
- Getting creative with stickers & effects – make your first GIF (Europeana)
- Playing with colours – make your first GIF IT UP entry (Europeana)
- How to make a GIF from a series of photos (Europeana)
- Make a GIF from a vintage video (Europeana)
- Gif-making online workshops (DPLA)
- How to make a GIF using free software (DigitalNZ)
- How to make an animated GIF from a stereograph (DigitalNZ)
- How to make an animated GIF using Gimp software + screencast (DigitalNZ)
Use one of the images below or from our selection HERE. Please add the credit line for social media and #GifItUp4Culture
How to submit your gif to Hunt Museum?
Best to be entered into the world wide Gif-it-Up Competition and hopefully will be displayed on the Hunt Museum building at night, later this year.