Friends get more. More inspiration, more art, more Hunt Museum.
Benefits include free admission to the museum and its exhibitions, exclusive access to a range of group activities, clubs, outings and discounts in our shop!
Due to COVID-19, we have adapted some of our membership activities to work online. However, The Friends of the Hunt Museum remain an active and vibrant network of members, with a variety of interests that reflect the eclectic nature of the museum and we hope that in summer 2021 we can resume our annual schedule of activities.
See the full list of benefits below:
• Unlimited free access to the museum for you & a guest
• New! Virtual Skill Share meet-up for Friends & Docents
• Invitations to exhibition previews
• Special exhibition themed events for the Friends
• Cultural tours & guided visits to other museums, galleries, castles, stately homes & gardens, cathedrals and concert halls.
• Lectures & learning: regular lunchtime lectures, Silver Circle, book club
• Quarterly newsletter to keep up to date
• Art and artefact appreciation lectures via google hangout Virtual tours of other museums and the opportunity to exchange views with others
Special Discounts & Benefits:
• 10% discount in the Gift Shop
• 10% discount when purchasing artwork for sale at Museum
• Special Friends rates for events, workshops and gala events
What’s planned for 2021
Please note: schedule given restrictions and ability to travel.
Note: Our 2022 timetable of events will be shared shortly.
Some of our past events
How your membership helps & supports
Your membership has directly supported such projects as The Three Muses, a joint educational programme for primary schools with Limerick Museum and Limerick City Gallery. It has also assisted a close fundraising relationship with Limerick Mental Health Association (LMHA), particularly in relation to the ongoing project to create a Hunt Museum in a Garden with their support.
Your membership allows us to continue to operate the museum, to produce online resources for schools and lifelong learners and prepare for a summer of activities that comply with the necessary social distancing measures.
We thank our Members and Friends for their unwavering support during such a difficult time for the creative and cultural industries.