Friends get more. More inspiration, more art, more Hunt Museum.
Benefits include free admission to the museum and its exhibitions, exclusive access to a range of group activities, clubs, outings and discounts in our shop!
See the full list of benefits below:
• Unlimited free access to the museum for you & a guest
• Invitations to exhibition previews
• Special exhibition-themed events for the Friends
• Cultural tours & guided visits to other museums, galleries, castles, stately homes & gardens, cathedrals and concert halls.
• Lectures & learning: regular lunchtime lectures, Silver Circle, Book Club
• Quarterly newsletter to keep up to date
Special Discounts & Benefits:
• 10% discount in the Gift Shop
• 10% discount when purchasing artwork for sale at Museum
• Special Friends rates for events, workshops and gala events
In 2022 there was:
- Lunchtime Lectures – Honey-Bees in Ireland by John Breen. September 13 @1pm-2pm. Click here for information.
- Trip to Ormond Castle Tutor House in Carrick-on-Suir. September 15 @9am-5pm. Click here for information.
- Friends of The Hunt Museum Christmas Luncheon. Tuesday, 13th December.
Some of our past events
Spring Luncheon 2022
On 5 May 2022, we welcomed the Friends of the Hunt Museum and their guests to the Annual Luncheon. This was to celebrate the twenty-fifth year of the Hunt at the Custom house. Patricia Hunt, our guest speaker gave a wonderful talk about the Hunt family’s part in the Museum. And Director of the Hunt Jill Cousins pulled raffle tickets for a display of beautiful prizes including a Charlie Mahon Teapot, a silver pendant, silk scarf and a c.1800 silver sugar tongs, among others. Our M.C. George Stacpoole and Chair Anne Hyland welcomed everyone to enjoy their three course lunch at the Savoy Hotel. The whole event fundraised for refurbishments of displays in the Hunt Museum.
How your membership helps & supports
Your membership has directly supported such projects as The Three Muses, a joint educational programme for primary schools with Limerick Museum and Limerick City Gallery. It has also assisted a close fundraising relationship with Limerick Mental Health Association (LMHA), particularly in relation to the ongoing project to create a Hunt Museum in a Garden with their support.
Your membership allows us to continue to operate the museum, to produce online resources for schools and lifelong learners and prepare for a summer of activities.
Friends Memberships can be purchased at the Hunt Museum Gift Shop or by clicking here.