Please donate via this form:
If you would prefer to talk to someone please contact: Rosemarie@Huntmuseum.com
Further information on donations that qualify for tax relief
The following donations to approved bodies qualify for tax relief:
- a minimum donation of €250
- a maximum donation of €1,000,000 in any one year.
Relief will be restricted to 10% of the donor’s annual income if there is a connection between the donor and the approved body.
An approved body may claim 31% tax relief on your donation. They receive the grossed up amount, net of tax deducted at the specified rate.
If you make a donation of €250, the Hunt Museum is deemed to have received a gross donation. The gross donation is calculated as follows:
€250/(100%-31%)=€362.32. The approved body can claim a refund of €112.32 which is €362.32×31%.
The repayment to an approved body cannot exceed the amount of tax that the donor has paid for that year. The donor is not allowed a repayment of any tax that has been repaid to the approved body.
The donation must:
- be in the form of money or designated securities (quoted shares and debentures) or a combination of both
- not be repayable to the donor
- not benefit the donor or anyone connected with the donor
- not be a condition or connected with any arrangement involved in obtaining a property other than by way of a gift from the donor to the approved body.