The Custom House is probably the most important mid eighteenth-century classical building in Limerick City, designed by the Italian architect Davis Ducart (d. c. 1784/85). The building is historically significant in its many and varied uses. The 1872 edition of the Limerick City Ordnance Survey shows that rooms were in use as a probate court and as a post office. The building retains a significant historic setting over the River Shannon, adjacent to Mathew Bridge and its toll house, and the fine provincial Georgian architecture of Bank Place. The Custom House was restored and renovated by the OPW in 1996 to re-house the Hunt Museum.
Available now. (Usually dispatched in 1-2 working days)